Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Basement upper Cabinets Installed.

 Finally getting finished with the basement crown now that the upper cabinets have been custom built to my standards. 

I needed something a lot stronger than the junk offered at Menards and Home Depot. Solid plywood construction screwed together and built for strength. I have a lot of weight going into them and I didn't want any worries. Another reason for custom building the cabinet is to offset the back of the left cabinet so that we can get around of already in place electrical. This cabinet is a little shallower inside, but it makes no difference. Still tons more storage than what I had. It will be a nice selling point in the future.

Plywood prices are way up there right now. The lowers were used cabinets I got for free from my uncle. I plan on making my own doors in the future to tie it all together after lumber prices drop a bit. Although I should really just finish it up and sell the house while there is such a house shortage and wait out the market. 

My cabinet maker helped install the cabinets took 3 people. Cabinet maker, his brother, and I to get them mounted. We had to hammer drill concrete walls and mount them with masonry screws. 






I'm using a clear satin polyurethane on the inside and a Walnut stain on the outside which matches the lowers pretty well. 






left cabinet is holding reloading bullets and dies for reloading presses while the right is holding lots of processed brass cases gun powder for reloading trays and other equipment.




The cabinets were spaced from the roof to provide plenty of room for crown trimming and future doors. 


To the right can see crown trimming installed and everything buttoned up.





No comments:

Post a Comment